Recipe by Hoosier Margie
A very soft cake-like cookie. A great way to get carrots into my Dad's diet; sure he is not the only one who needs a little help that way. Wish I could tell you where I got this, but...Dad never knew there were carrots in his cookies.
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrot
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening (part margarine)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Mix carrots, sugar shortening and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon about 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.