Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very soft cake-like cookie. A great way to get carrots into my Dad's diet; sure he is not the only one who needs a little help that way. Wish I could tell you where I got this, but...Dad never knew there were carrots in his cookies.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Mix carrots, sugar shortening and eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon about 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
Can't put stars up yet as my cookies aren't done and so I haven't tried them yet. I found this recipe in my Betty Crocker's old fashioned cookies cook book.
These are wonderful! I was a little nervous to make them but WOW very pleasantly surprised. I cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup (personal preference). They are so cakey and taste yummy. Thanks for sharing!