Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
I love pumpkin chocolate muffins so I thought I would give these a try. Obtained from Cooking Light magazine. Use baby carrots to speed up the process.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Finely mince carrots in a food processor
- Combine carrots, sugar, oil, buttermilk, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, soda and salt, in a separate bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to carrot mixture.
- Stir until all flour is incorporated,
- Stir in chocolate.
- Spoon batter into 22 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in tin for 10 minutes then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
One of the best muffins (cupcakes) I've ever made! Sweet, moist,chocolatey, healthy and delicious! Amazing, thanks!