Recipe by A Messy Cook
This fresh, healthy summer salad is from Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue.
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam carrots for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; immediately place in bowl of ice water.
- Combine chickpeas and celery in separate bowl, then drain carrots and add to chickpea mixture.
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, lemon-pepper, and salt together in small bowl.
- Pour over carrot mixture, tossing to coat; cover and chill at least 4 hours, and stir in cilantro just before serving.