1/2 Photos of Carrot, Chickpea and Quinoa Melange
You must try this wonderful combination of flavors. It provides lots of protein for vegetarians, but it's also a great side dish for a simple grilled meat entree. I think you could substitute rice for the qunioa if it's not available to you. The next time I make this, I think I'm going to stir in some fresh chopped spinach just before serving instead of the parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups baby carrots, peeled cut in 1/2 in. pieces (11 oz.)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed for 2 minutes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, cayenne, and cumin and stir 30 seconds.
- 3Add carrots, garbanzos, and broth and bring to boil.
- 4Add quinoa and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all liquid.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot, Chickpea and Quinoa Melange
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g