1/2 Photos of Carrot, Chickpea and Quinoa Melange
You must try this wonderful combination of flavors. It provides lots of protein for vegetarians, but it's also a great side dish for a simple grilled meat entree. I think you could substitute rice for the qunioa if it's not available to you. The next time I make this, I think I'm going to stir in some fresh chopped spinach just before serving instead of the parsley.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups baby carrots, peeled cut in 1/2 in. pieces (11 oz.)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed for 2 minutes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, cayenne, and cumin and stir 30 seconds.
- 3Add carrots, garbanzos, and broth and bring to boil.
- 4Add quinoa and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all liquid.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot, Chickpea and Quinoa Melange
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g