Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These yummy muffins are wonderful on the Easter Brunch spread but it doesn't have to be Easter to enjoy them whenever you feel like it. Whats not to love about finding "cheesecake" in your muffin?
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Blend cream cheese, 2 T. granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoons orange rind until thoroughly mixed and set aside until needed.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light.
- Beat in eggs, orange juice concentrate and evaporated milk.
- Stir in orange rind, carrot, raisins and walnuts and thoroughly blend.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add carrot mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon 2 T. batter into each greased muffin tin.
- Spoon 1 T. cream cheese mixture on top. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes.
Made for Photo Tag Spring 08. These are KILLER..in a good way *wink* I made 1/2 again the recipe for the cream cheese and holy hannah...these were delicious!