Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe glamorizes carrots. They are bright and cheerful addition to your presentation. Young fresh carrots are much more tasty then large ones.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet and cook the onions, peppers over low heat.
- Meanwhile, scrub and grate the carrots into a bowl.
- Combine the carrots, onions, peppers, cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Scald the milk and pour slowly into the eggs while beating them with an electric beater or whisk.
- Cook the egg mixture over hot water in a double boiler until thick and creamy, stirring constantly.
- Pour over carrot mixture and stir until well blended.
- Bake the custard in a buttered deep casserole set in a pan of hot water.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika and garnish with parsley.