Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe glamorizes carrots. They are bright and cheerful addition to your presentation. Young fresh carrots are much more tasty then large ones.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the butter in a small skillet and cook the onions, peppers over low heat.
- Meanwhile, scrub and grate the carrots into a bowl.
- Combine the carrots, onions, peppers, cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Scald the milk and pour slowly into the eggs while beating them with an electric beater or whisk.
- Cook the egg mixture over hot water in a double boiler until thick and creamy, stirring constantly.
- Pour over carrot mixture and stir until well blended.
- Bake the custard in a buttered deep casserole set in a pan of hot water.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with a little paprika and garnish with parsley.