1/3 Photos of Carrot Casserole for Two (Comfort Food Veggies)
I have been posting some recipes i want to try from TOH and that are for two people. This looks like a yummy dish, side for 2-3 or main meal for one. Easily increased as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1place 1 inch of water in a small saucepan. Add carrots, bring to a boil then simmer until crisp tender. drain and set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, saute green peppers and onions in tbs of butter til tender. stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk whisking to stop lumps. Bring to a boil, cook and stir 2 minutes until thickened.
- 3Stir in jalapeno, parsley, savory and carrots. Transfer to a 2 cup baking dish coated with non stick spray.
- 4In small pan, melt remaining butter add breadcrumbs. Cook and stir until toasted. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 for 15-20 minutes until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Casserole for Two (Comfort Food Veggies)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.4
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 698.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g