Recipe by DEBBIE BURBANK
This recipe does not taste like carrots. It is a very sweet side dish and almost tastes like sweet potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh carrots (Slice and peel the carrots)
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (OK to use imitation vanilla)
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Slightly grease a 2 qt baking dish.
- In large pot, bring water to a boil, place peeled/sliced carrots in boiling water, cover pot.
- Cook until tender.
- Approximately 15-17 minutes.
- In a large electric mixing bowl, combine carrots, egg substitute, butter, baking powder, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Beat mixture until smooth.
- You will need to stop once or twice to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Pour into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour or until set and lightly browned.