Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another yummy carrot casserole side dish.
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tsps salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly spray a 1 1/2 quqrt casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook/Steam carrots until crisp tender; about 10-12 minutes; drain.
- Place carrots in a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole. Stir in croutons and cheese.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over carrot mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
Very pleasant, tasty, colourful, and we enjoyed very much. Easy to go back for seconds. Baked at 350F for 30 min. Omitted salt. Thanks for posting!
This indeed was a yummy carrot side dish. I followed the recipe exactly and will make again. I had never eaten cheese on carrots before but it was good.
This was different, almost a parsnip flavor, might I say?