Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Food Network Magazine recipe (no wonder I love this magazine) that looks easy and fast, with such pretty colors for side
- 1 lb carrot, cut into ribbons
- 1⁄2 cup salted cashews, roasted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- Shave carrots with vegetable peeler into ribbons (personally I'll use pre-grated carrots) an put in a bowl.
- Puree 1/2 cup roasted cashews in blender with 1 tablespoon each vegetable oil ad chopped jalapeno, 3tablespoon lime juice and 14 cup water until almost smooth.
- Toss with carrots; add 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and season with salt.
- Top with chopped cashews.
The dressing was delicious when I first made it. In fact, all the way to work I was thinking of other salads, etc to use it on. However, when it came time to eat it (6 hours later), it was impossibly hot. I recommend that you not let this salad sit, but instead, serve it right away.