Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adapted recipe from ZAAR. I kept the idea, but changed so many ingredients that I felt it was a new creation. My picky 4 year old loved it!
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple, chopped and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons applesauce (or oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat egg; add to mixture along with vanilla, milk, applesauce, pineapple and honey.
- Combine all ingredients just until moist.
- Fold in the carrots and raisins.
- Bake at 400 for 15 to 18 minutes.
- *note 1-2 TBS sugar can also be added to mixture for a sweet punch, but it is not needed.