Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light, January/February 2008. (Dessert Category Reader Recipe by Christine Dohlmar)
Make and share this Carrot Cake With Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar carrot baby food
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely grated carrots (about 4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To prepare cake: Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until well blended. Place flour mixture in a large bowl.
- Combine granulated sugar, canola oil, baby food, and eggs; stir with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Stir in grated carrot and raisins.
- Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, combine cheese and butter in a large bowl.
- Beat at high speed until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating at low speed until smooth (do not overbeat).
- Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and chill.