1 hr 10 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light, January/February 2008. (Dessert Category Reader Recipe by Christine Dohlmar)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar carrot baby food
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrots (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2To prepare cake: Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a food processor; pulse 6 times or until well blended. Place flour mixture in a large bowl.
- 3Combine granulated sugar, canola oil, baby food, and eggs; stir with a whisk.
- 4Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 5Stir in grated carrot and raisins.
- 6Spoon batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 8To prepare frosting, combine cheese and butter in a large bowl.
- 9Beat at high speed until creamy.
- 10Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating at low speed until smooth (do not overbeat).
- 11Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut.
- 12Cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake With Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 186.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g