Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend gave me this recipe, I think it is from the Splenda web site.
- 7⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3⁄8 cup Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄4 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- 2. In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
- 3. In large bowl beat Splenda, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- 4. Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired.
made this carrot cake and put it in a pie plate. very good and moist. will make it again.