Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my lightened up version of carrot cake.
Make and share this Carrot Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, zest and juice
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Cut out parchment paper to fit on bottom of pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, pumpkin, sugars and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients a little at a time. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, orange zest and juice. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Fold in cool whip.
- Frost the top of cooled cake. Top with toasted coconut. Refrigerate.