Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Five Star Cooking Light
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups coarsely shredded carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (1 can)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons light butter (do not soften)
- 6 ounces neufchatel cheese (do not soften)
- 3 3⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir well.
- Combine sugar and oil in a large bowl; stir well. Add eggs, one at a time. beating well with wire whisk after each addition. Stir in carrots, raisin, buttermilk, vanilla, and pineapple. Add flour mixture and stir well.
- Spoon batter into 13x9x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare Icing: Beat butter and cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugar; beat at low speed until well blended. Add vanilla and beat well.
- After cake is complete cool, spread icing.