- 1 1⁄2-2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sugar, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Beat the oil, eggs, vanilla and salt together until they are well blended.
- Combine the dry ingredients, oil and egg mixture and grated carrots just until they are mixed.
- Pour the batter into two 10" round pans greased with butter.
- Bake in 325 oven for one hour.
- Remove it from the oven, let cool and remove from the pans.
- Cream Cheese Icing.
- 1 large pkg. Of cream cheese at room temperature.
- 1/2 cups sweet butter at room temperature.
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla.
- 1 tbsp orange juice.
- Mix all the ingredients and ice the cake, using some icing between the two layers.
- Garnish the cake with cinnamon and walnut halves.