Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Excellent simple Carrot cake recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (pure)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all Dry ingredients in large bowl.
- in a medium bowl whisk the oil and the eggs and add the carrots and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- put mixture into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick inserted into middle comes out dry.
- Cream Cheese icing:.
- Sift powdered sugar into large bowl with fine-meshed sieve or sifter.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla in another large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
- Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat with electric mixer at low speed until well blended, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.