Recipe by **Jubes**
You just can't beat a piece of cream cheese frosted carrot cake with a good cup of coffee.
Top Review by April in DE
This was absolutely perfect--so moist and delicious! Because of an allergy, I added raisins and coconut instead of the pecans, and it was the best carrot cake I've ever had. Thanks for a terrific recipe, Jubes!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups grated carrots
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 30 g butter
- 1 cup gluten-free icing sugar, ensure gluten free (confectioners sugar)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F )Grease a deep 23cm square cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Combine the eggs, oil and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the sifted flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat with electric beaters until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the nuts and carrots and mix through well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes. A skewer should come out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- Allow the cake to rest in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting. Beat the cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and orange juice until the mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- Spread the icing over the cake.
- Decorate the cake with some extra chopped pecans or some orange or lemon zest if desired.