Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I just found this recipe in the recent Food and Drink magazine, they are pretty easy to make.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn oil or 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups pureed carrots
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease two 9 inch pans, square or round (I made mine into muffins).
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla and beat well with an electric mixer. Fold in pureed carrots and grated carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges have pulled away from sides. Let cool for 3 hours before icing.
- To make frosting cream together cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Slowly add in the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Mix together vanilla and lemon juice and add just enough for the frosting to be of spreading consistency. (I added all of the vanilla and lemon and found this to be too much) Smooth frosting over sides of cake.
- Makes 2 small or one 2-layer cake.