Recipe by CulinaryQueen
This is from the 1980 edition of The Philadelphia Orchestra Cookbook. First time I made this was for someones birthday at work. Everyone loved and raved about it. Hope you do too!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups nuts, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F/180°C.
- Grease and flour a 9" X 13" glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg and mix thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, add oil and carrots and add to dry ingredients and blend.
- Pour batter evenly into baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Allow cake to cool completely before icing.
- TO MAKE FROSTING: Cream together the cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and combine thoroughly. Add nuts, if using.
- Can be stored in cool place for up to five days, if it lasts that long!