Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This carrot cake is made with carrot juice to give more flavor. The recipe comes from Grandpa's Cellar & Bake Shop and channel 10 TV.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Crean Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 lb icing sugar (Powdered sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- milk, to soften (if needed)
- For the Icing; Beat cream cheese until smooth and add butter to cream cheese.
- Add sugar and Vanilla to mixture and beat until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with butter.
- For the Cake; Beat eggs until frothy and add sugar to eggs gradually, beating until light.
- Add oil, juice and vanilla, and beat until mixed.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt and add to mixture.
- Combine carrots and walnuts, add to mixture, and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until done.
- Top with Icing.
This is a great carrot cake,it would be great to take to a potluck too as it makes a large pan.I had carrot juice I wanted to use up and this was a great place to use it!The icing was perfect also,not too sweet or sickly.
With the extra step of juicing carrots for fresh carrot juice, I really wish it would have come through in the flavour more. A great carrot cake though, and I appreciate that it is "healthier" with all the added carrots:)
We loved this! Even my children who swear they don't eat carrot cake gobbled it down. Omitted the nuts, otherwise no changes. Cake was moist and stayed lovely for several days in the fridge. I found this recipe when looking to use up some carrot juice, now I have to buy more to make it again! Thanks for sharing the recipe!