Recipe by Barb G.
This carrot cake is made with carrot juice to give more flavor. The recipe comes from Grandpa's Cellar & Bake Shop and channel 10 TV.
Top Review by LuuvBunny
This is a great carrot cake,it would be great to take to a potluck too as it makes a large pan.I had carrot juice I wanted to use up and this was a great place to use it!The icing was perfect also,not too sweet or sickly.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Crean Cheese Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 lb icing sugar (Powdered sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- milk, to soften (if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Icing; Beat cream cheese until smooth and add butter to cream cheese.
- Add sugar and Vanilla to mixture and beat until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with butter.
- For the Cake; Beat eggs until frothy and add sugar to eggs gradually, beating until light.
- Add oil, juice and vanilla, and beat until mixed.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and salt and add to mixture.
- Combine carrots and walnuts, add to mixture, and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until done.
- Top with Icing.