Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another family favorite found on Mr.Breakfast.com I'm on a hunt for waffle recipes since receiving a new waffle maker and my grandkids are clammoring for me to use it -- and I am. Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats (regular or quick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, crushed (small pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, combine the carrot, oil and egg. Mix well.
- Add the carrot mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and moistened.
- Fold in the walnut pieces.
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup mixture onto preheated waffle iron.
- Waffles will be done when steam stops -- 4 or 5 minutes.
- NOTE: If batter seems too thick, thin with a little milk.
- A nice addition to this recipe would be tablespoon of grated apple or a tiny handful raisins.