Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The taste of carrot cake without baking. A fresh little sandwich to serve with tea or as a snack. Very much enjoyed by my toddler.
- Trim crusts off of bread.
- Combine frosting, cream cheese, carrot and nuts.
- Spread filling evenly on bread, top with another slice of trimmed bread to create sandwiches.
- Slice sandwiches into quarters, and be creative with the shapes, long fingers, squares, triangles, or use cookie cutters to create other fun shapes.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
What a gem of a recipe. I made these for my family for a snack on the weekend. DH ate and ate and ate them. They were sweet and creamy and really did taste a lot like a carrot cake. Thank you for sharing with us.
I just served these little treats at a Ladies' Open House- they were a hit with everyone!!! Thank you, Queen, for making me look like an awesome cook. (I used toasted chopped walnuts and thick boutique-style raisin bread.)
These were a big hit at my Girls Martini party, I cut them out with little heart cutouts