- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts or 2⁄3 cup pecans
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar (I use whole box)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the oil, carrots, sugar, pineapple, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add pecans and coconut.
- Combine dry mix with creamed mix.
- Pour into lightly greased 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake the cake at 325 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
- Cake icing:.
- Cream all the ingredients together until creamy. Toast some nuts and coconut and add to creamed mixture.Spread on cooled cake.
- Decorate as desired.