Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
From Smoothies and Summer Drinks. I thought this sounded interesting and wanted to put it here for safe keeping til I got a chance to try it.
Top Review by Terri Newell
I'm trying to find ways to get more veggies into my daughter, and I think this might work. I tried it scaled down to one serving first. I would suggest chilling the carrot puree ahead of time, because at room temp it lowered the temp of the smoothie. The flavor is a little unusual, and I wouldn't drink a huge glass of it, but it was good.
- 4 (4 ounce) jarsstrained baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 ice cubes
- 4 long carrot sticks (garnish) (optional)