These cookies were in the 9/07 issue of Southern Living. These start with a cookie dough, so they are easy and quick to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup raw carrot, grated (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
cream cheese frosting
- 1Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir raisins into carrot mixture.
- 2Tear cookie dough into pieces, and stir into carrot mixture until well combined.
- 3Drop cookie dough mixture by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. (Dough should make 24 cookies.).
- 4Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are crisp. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes or until completely cool.
- 5Turn half of cookies over, bottom sides up. Spread each with 1 tablespoons chilled Cream Cheese Icing. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, and press gently to spread filling to edges of cookies.
- 6Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.
- 7Icing Instructions:.
- 9Beat Cream cheese and butter at medium spped with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 10Add remaining ingredients, beating until smooth. Cover and chilll 30 minutes or until spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies from Southern Living
Serving Size: 1 (965 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g