Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
These cookies were in the 9/07 issue of Southern Living. These start with a cookie dough, so they are easy and quick to make.
- 3⁄4 cup raw carrot, grated (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
cream cheese frosting
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir raisins into carrot mixture.
- Tear cookie dough into pieces, and stir into carrot mixture until well combined.
- Drop cookie dough mixture by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. (Dough should make 24 cookies.).
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are crisp. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes or until completely cool.
- Turn half of cookies over, bottom sides up. Spread each with 1 tablespoons chilled Cream Cheese Icing. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, and press gently to spread filling to edges of cookies.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.
- Icing Instructions:.
- Beat Cream cheese and butter at medium spped with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients, beating until smooth. Cover and chilll 30 minutes or until spreading consistency.