Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Carrot cake in a new shape. Makes two rolls. Give one away as a gift!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) spice cake mix
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 teaspoons powdered sugar, divided
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cancrushed pineapple slices in syrup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Coat two 15x10x1 jelly roll pans with cooking spray, line with wax paper, coat paper with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add water,beating at low speed until blended.
- Gradually add cake mix, beating at low speed until moistened.
- Beat at medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in grated carrot.
- Spread batter evenly in pans.
- Bake one at a time,at 350°F on middle rack 13 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Sift 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar in 15x10 inch rectangle on cloth towel, repeat with 2nd towel.
- When cakes are done,immediately loosen from sides of pan, turn our onto sugared towel.
- Peel off wax paper.
- Starting at narrow end, tightly roll each cake and towel together; place seam side down or wire racks to cool.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup syrup.
- Press pineapple between paper towels to remove extra moisture.
- Mix pineapple, cream cheese frosting and pecans.
- Stir well.
- Unroll cakes,brush each lightly with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice.
- Spread each cake with half of frosting mixture.
- Reroll cakes (without towels) and place seam side down on serving platter.
- Cover and chill at least one hour.
- Dust cake with additional powdered sugar.
- Can garnish with additional chopped pecans if desired.