Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came out of my imagination when I was trying to find a healthy but tasty breakfast that could be made ahead of time. Inspired by: http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/01/cheesy-quinoa-bites.html I simply reheat in the toaster oven when I'm ready to eat!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups raw carrots, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 dash clove
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1) Mix everything into a bowl.
- 2) Divide between muffin tin cups, packing together. I like to fill them about 1/2-2/3 up.
- 3) Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.