Love carrot cake and bet these are good. From Womans Day 2013. Placing it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup drained diced canned pineapple
- butter or oil, for skillet
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- 1Preheat oven to 200-degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- 3In measuring cup or small bowl, measure out buttermilk. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- 4Add we ingredients to dry ingredients; mix until just combined. The batter should have some small to medium lumps.
- 5Gently fold in grated carrots, pecans and pineapple.
- 6Preheat skillet over medium heat; brush with 1 1/2 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon oil.
- 7Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter onto warm skillet. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until small bubbles form on surface of pancakes, then flip over. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook on opposite sides 1 - 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Transfer pancakes to baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to skillet as needed. Serve with cream cheese glaze.
- 9CREAM CHEESE GLAZE: In medium bowl on medium-low speed, beat cream cheese until whipped. Add remaining ingredients until smooth. Makes 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.5
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 116.3 mg
- Sodium 1011.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g