Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Love carrot cake and bet these are good. From Womans Day 2013. Placing it here for safe keeping.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup drained diced canned pineapple
- butter or oil, for skillet
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200-degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In measuring cup or small bowl, measure out buttermilk. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add we ingredients to dry ingredients; mix until just combined. The batter should have some small to medium lumps.
- Gently fold in grated carrots, pecans and pineapple.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat; brush with 1 1/2 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter onto warm skillet. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until small bubbles form on surface of pancakes, then flip over. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook on opposite sides 1 - 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer pancakes to baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining batter, adding more butter or oil to skillet as needed. Serve with cream cheese glaze.
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE: In medium bowl on medium-low speed, beat cream cheese until whipped. Add remaining ingredients until smooth. Makes 1 cup.