Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have been making this carrot cake over and over for years, and I have been asked for the recipe by everyone,who has ever tasted it. I have even been asked to make and sell the cakes, "that's how good it is!!!" I think it fits into the "better than sex" catagory.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 473.18 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml coconut
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 118.29 ml butter
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 453.59 g box powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml milk or 29.58 ml cream
- Beat the eggs, then add the first four ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
- Add the next four ingredients and beat again.
- Add the last five ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely and frost with cream cheese Frosting.
This is a yummy cake. I used plain fat-free yogurt as a substitute instead of the sour cream. Also, I omitted the raisins because we are not too eager for those. It turned out yummy. Thanks for a keeper!