Recipe by Robin Hollister
I have been making this carrot cake over and over for years, and I have been asked for the recipe by everyone,who has ever tasted it. I have even been asked to make and sell the cakes, "that's how good it is!!!" I think it fits into the "better than sex" catagory.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a yummy cake. I used plain fat-free yogurt as a substitute instead of the sour cream. Also, I omitted the raisins because we are not too eager for those. It turned out yummy. Thanks for a keeper!
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the eggs, then add the first four ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
- Add the next four ingredients and beat again.
- Add the last five ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely and frost with cream cheese Frosting.