Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Got this recipe from Eye It Try It. A tasty way to eat vegetables for breakfast.
Make and share this Carrot Cake Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup regular oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk cream (you can substitute more banana)
- 1 small ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (agave can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- Grate carrot with a grater, yielding one full cup.
- In a pot over medium heat, bring almond milk, coconut milk cream, and lemon juice to a boil. Add spices and salt.
- Add carrots and oats. Cook for about 6-8 minutes while stirring.
- Add vanilla extract, crushed walnuts, maple syrup and thinly sliced bananas. Whisk vigorously until bananas are integrated into the oatmeal.
- Remove from heat and allow time for oatmeal to cool.
- Serve with favorite toppings.