Got this recipe from Eye It Try It. A tasty way to eat vegetables for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk cream (you can substitute more banana)
- 1 small ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (agave can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 1Grate carrot with a grater, yielding one full cup.
- 2In a pot over medium heat, bring almond milk, coconut milk cream, and lemon juice to a boil. Add spices and salt.
- 3Add carrots and oats. Cook for about 6-8 minutes while stirring.
- 4Add vanilla extract, crushed walnuts, maple syrup and thinly sliced bananas. Whisk vigorously until bananas are integrated into the oatmeal.
- 5Remove from heat and allow time for oatmeal to cool.
- 6Serve with favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Oatmeal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.3
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 128.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: