Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are excellent for parties or just to have fun making with the kids very easy to make and look great got it from the womans weekly cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups firmly packed grated carrots
- 3⁄4 cup drained crushed pineapple
cream cheese icing
- 0.11 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar icing
- 6 dried apricot halves (and 1 18cm green snake or green coloured icing mix above)
- preheat oven to 170-180 degrees depending on how hot your oven is.
- grease 6 hole texas muffin pan or a normal 12 muffin pan.
- mix oil, eggs, flour,sugar, cinnamon in bowl with spoon.
- stir in carrots and pineapple.
- pour mixture into muffin pan holes.
- bake in oven about 30-35 minutes.
- stand cakes 5 min before turning out onto wire rack.
- turn cakes so tops are up to cool.
- make cream cheese icing and mini carrots.
- spread with icing and place carrots on cake.
- cream cheese icing.
- beat butter and cream cheese til light and fluffy.
- beat in icing sugar gradually.
- mini carrots.
- put apricots in a cup of boiling water to cover stand 10 minute.
- drain apricots dry with paper.
- cut snake into six 3 cm lengths.
- place one snake piece at the top of apricot half roll apricot around snake allowing to stick out of the top of the apricot and make several think cuts to look like a leaf.
- or use green coloured cream cheese icing mix and place at top of apricot on muffin to look like leaf.
I made this recipe in a loaf tin and boy does it taste good!! Carrots were home grown and that cream cheese frosting *heaven* I will add the pic soon as but many thanks for a fab recipe!
I made these with the addition of 1 c. chopped walnuts. Yummy! Also, I put down some batter in each section of the muffin tin, then put some icing in the middle of each, then covered with more batter. It made a delicious surprise to bite into. I also put some of the frosting on the top, as there was some left over. Made 6 lg. muffins that we gobbled up in no time, mind you there was only 2 of us this morning for breakfast!
Great recipe....although I seemed to have twice as much icing as I needed...had to make more cakes!!