1/4 Photos of Carrot Cake Muffins With Cheesecake Filling (Lite)
Although this yummy dessert does not meet the criteria for a 'Lite-Bleu' menu plan, it is still quite low in calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon light butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Spray bakers joy into 6 Jumbo (or 12 regular) muffin tins and set aside. In a small bowl, blend cheese filling ingredients until thoroughly mixed and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg, orange juice concentrate and half and half. Stir in carrots to incorporate.
- 3In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to batter and mix well. Fold in the pecans.
- 4Spoon batter 1/3 full into each of the muffin tins. Spoon about 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into the center, then cover with remaining batter. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Muffins With Cheesecake Filling (Lite)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g