Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a low fat carrot cake muffin recipe with sultanas and walnuts. Trust me these are the best tasting carrot muffins i have ever tried.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk (or use low-fat milk)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated & squeeze out some of the moisture with hands
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- Set oven to 180°C degrees.
- Spray 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & brown sugar.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, oil, milk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl mix the shredded carrots raisins & walnuts.
- Add in the oil/egg mixture into the carrot/pineapple mixture; mix well to combine, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix JUST until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake (not fan-bake) for about 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins test done.