1/1 Photo of Carrot Cake Muffins
jake ryley'smommy's Note:
These muffins make a yummy little snack, that are slightly healthy. I use all organic ingredients, to make them that much better for me and my kids. They are really nice topped with cream cheese icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml carrots, chopped (or baby carrots)
- 118.29-177.44 ml applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml oil (I use melted coconut oil, but any vegetable based oil works)
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour (or any whole grain flour, I use a spelt, kamut, and whole wheat mix)
- 118.29 ml sugar (or evaporated cane juice)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 236.59 ml raisins (optional)
- 236.59 ml pecans (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Put carrots and apple sauce in to food processor, mix until it has the consistency of baby food. Set aside.
- 3Sift all dry ingredients together.
- 4Stir oil, eggs, and carrot mixture together until well blended.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, fold gently until blended.
- 6Add raisins and nuts mix gently. (Be careful not to over mix, or the muffins will be rubbery).
- 7Pour into well greased muffin tins, bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- 8Cool completely then top with icing if desired.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1088 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 163.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g