Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These muffins make a yummy little snack, that are slightly healthy. I use all organic ingredients, to make them that much better for me and my kids. They are really nice topped with cream cheese icing.
- 473.18 ml carrots, chopped (or baby carrots)
- 118.29-177.44 ml applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml oil (I use melted coconut oil, but any vegetable based oil works)
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour (or any whole grain flour, I use a spelt, kamut, and whole wheat mix)
- 118.29 ml sugar (or evaporated cane juice)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt (optional)
- 236.59 ml raisins (optional)
- 236.59 ml pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put carrots and apple sauce in to food processor, mix until it has the consistency of baby food. Set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Stir oil, eggs, and carrot mixture together until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, fold gently until blended.
- Add raisins and nuts mix gently. (Be careful not to over mix, or the muffins will be rubbery).
- Pour into well greased muffin tins, bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Cool completely then top with icing if desired.
I used Canola Oil. And I think that 1 cup of flour was not enough. So I used 2 cups of all purpose flour. With 2 cups, it was the texture of muffin dough. I didn't use raisins and pecans. I preheated the oven at 350 F (is it the good temperature cause it's not written). And after 25 minutes, my muffins were cooked. I added dry ingredients to wet ingredients. I garnished with Cool Whip and cinnamon. Thanks :)