Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I took these to work and they were a hit! Everyone loved them, they are so moist and flavorful.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixer, combine oil, brown sugar and the egg on medium speed.
- Blend in the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and applesauce.
- Add the carrots and flour, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spoon batter to top of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
The flavour of these was great! My only problem was that they were very dense. Almost chewy. Still, we ate them with vigor! I threw in a handful of golden raisins and I really liked them in there. Thanks for posting this! It was a great way to introduce my son to carrot cake for the first time.