Recipe by Toadi
I took these to work and they were a hit! Everyone loved them, they are so moist and flavorful.
Top Review by Saturn
The flavour of these was great! My only problem was that they were very dense. Almost chewy. Still, we ate them with vigor! I threw in a handful of golden raisins and I really liked them in there. Thanks for posting this! It was a great way to introduce my son to carrot cake for the first time.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixer, combine oil, brown sugar and the egg on medium speed.
- Blend in the baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and applesauce.
- Add the carrots and flour, mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spoon batter to top of muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.