Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These flavorable muffins are only 2 WW points each. A nice treat with your morning coffee.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (Sugar Twin)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend.
- Spoon into sprayed muffin tins or paper muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Delicious, but very dense.
Yum! Very good and not too sweet, just the way I like them.
These are very good! I agree that they need a little more sugar. I also added a little more cinnamon (but I love cinnamon) and added some vanilla. I used applesauce for the oil and also didn't drain the pineapple. The raisins and the walnuts definitely make the flavor for me, so I wouldn't skimp on those. Very moist and definitely better after sitting in the frig for a day!