Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 13 x 9 in. baking pan with foil.
- Coat with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine first seven ingredients in bowl.
- Beat sugar, pineapple, oil and vanilla in mixer bowl until smooth.
- Beat in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in carrots.
- Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl to stiff peaks.
- Fold into carrot mixture in 2 batches with rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 40 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Invert cake onto wax paper; remove pan and foil.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
I think this is the best Carrot cake I have ever tasted in my life!! Thank you very much my daughter loves it to and she is two.
I added 3/4 cup each of walnuts and coconut. Topped with cream cheese icing it was really good.
This didn't taste bad, just not like a regular carrot cake. It was very heavy. I don't think I'll make this again.