Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A low-fat, almost sugar free recipe (the cake is). I made it once on a whim and have made it numerous times since, as it has become a hit with my family!
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute (bake-able sugar substitute)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups carrots, chopped in a food processor
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping
- Mix first 3 items together until smooth and creamy (eggs, applesauce and Splenda).
- Then add flour, carrots, milk, cinnamon, orange zest, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well until thick like a pancake batter, then add raisins if desired.
- Pour into two sprayed loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes at 325°F.
- Check with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Ice loaves once completely cooled.
- CREAM CHEESE ICING.
- Warm cream cheese in microwave for 45 seconds on high (makes it easier to blend with other ingredients).
- Add Splenda, vanilla and frozen whipped topping.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more Splenda if you prefer a sweeter icing.