One of my favourites when I was a kid. I tweaked my mum's recipe a bit to suit my taste. Makes a very nice and moist coffee cake. Very well liked by guests and co-workers. Makes a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1beat butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffly.
- 2add egg yolks, orange or lemon cest, dash of cinnamon, vanilla bean scrapings and keep on mixing.
- 3mix flour, hazelnuts and baking powder evenly.
- 4beat eggwhites with pinch of salt until fluffy.
- 5add shredded carrots to egg, sugar and egg yolk mixture.
- 6add hazelnuts and flour/baking powder mixture.
- 7work egg whites into dough carefully, this will make it fluffly.
- 8bake at 180°C for about 45 to 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake - Karottenkuchen
Serving Size: 1 (1199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.2
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: