Prep 40 mins
Cook 42 mins
For mom’s church ladies group Spring thing.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package carrot cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Position oven rack in middle of oven; spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a big bowl place half of the cake mix along with the oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend with an electric mixer set on medium-high speed 1-2 minutes, until blended and smooth.
- Stir in the remaining cake mix, grated carrot, raisins, and drained pineapple with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are moistened (dough will be stiff).
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- If desired, sprinkle cookie tops with nuts; gently press nuts into dough.
- Bake 11-14 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched.
- Cool 1 minute on sheets; transfer cookies to wire racks with metal spatula and cool completely.
- Make frosting: in a bowl, beat the cream cheese, softened butter, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until incorporated and smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies.