Recipe by Dienia B.
I found this on recipe link from Rochelle. I'm posting per request. Sounds great.
Top Review by Dib's
I used the recipe in the Ball Blue Book of Canning (the new one-400 recipes-canner heaven!). The only difference is the pectin. They called for powdered so that's what I went with. I also used the optional 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans(after adding pectin boil hard 1 minute, add nuts. Add sugar, boil hard for 1 minute, skim off foam). It's a sweet jam with a lovely light amber color. It is also very YUMMY! I'm going to gift the jars this Christmas, which means I have to hide them from myself for a few more months. Thanks for posting your recipe! I'm always glad when a jam has both pectin options. Di;-)
- 354.88 ml finely grated carrots
- 354.88 ml peeled chopped pears
- 396.89 g can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml clove
- 1537.83 ml sugar
- 85.04 g certo liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything BUT sugar and pectin in pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Bring down to a simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every once in while.
- Add pectin and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar bring to a rolling boil.
- Take off heat.
- Fill hot sterile jars.
- Put lids on.
- Water bath for 10 minutes.