1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Carrot cake is one of the best cake flavours...well at least after chocolate. :) I took my love for carrot cake and my love for ice cream to create the perfect combo...carrot cake ice cream! To make the ice cream a little lighter, use 1 1/2 cups skim or 2% evaporated milk instead of heavy cream or half and half. This makes the ice cream not quite as creamy, but (at least when made in an ice cream maker) it does not freeze solid like some low fat homemade ice creams. An ice cream maker is optional for this recipe.-----Recipe made by me for RSC #10!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unsalted pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese or 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups skim evaporated milk or 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup carrot, cooked and pureed
- 1Cook about 1 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots in the microwave or stovetop until soft. Blend in food processor or blender with enough water or milk to make a puree. Measure out 3/4 cup carrot puree, set aside.
- 2Heat the 1 cup of heavy cream with the brown sugar in a medium size saucepan on medium heat, stirring often.
- 3When cream mixture is hot, whisk vigorously while adding the gelatin powder. Add in raisins (only if using an ice cream maker) and cream cheese and continue to heat for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Remove saucepan from heat. Pour hot mixture into a large glass bowl. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in evaporated milk (or heavy cream or half and half), and pureed carrot.
- 5Chill in fridge for about 1 hour or 1/2 hour in freezer, till ice cream mixture is cold. The ice cream mixture will be thicker at this point.
- 6ICE CREAM MAKER: Follow manufacturer’s directions, adding chopped pecans near the end of the freezing process.
- 7FREEZER METHOD: *Note - this method will take longer than the listed time to make*. Skip the previous chill step. Add in raisins and pecans. Pour ice cream mixture in a covered shallow pan and freeze until almost solid. Break up frozen mixture and process in food processor or blender until soft (this incorporates air into the ice cream). Repeat 1 to 2 more times.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Cake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 31.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g