Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe from the Crocodile Cafe...I think...found it on the net and it was wonderful....makes a huge cake...
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups oil
- 2 teaspoons good vanilla
- 6 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, and then add sugar, oil and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Stir in four mixture, carrots, pineapple, and nuts.
- Bake in three 9-inch prepared cake pans for 45 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool on wire racks. Frost when cold.
- Cream butter and cream cheese -- Add sugar and vanilla beating until smooth.
This is a wonderful carrot cake recipe. I made it for Christmas Eve. There are several of us who cannot tolerate sugar so I used Splenda and the cake turned out fine. I will definitely make it again.
TWO THUMBS UP! Excellent! I will use this recipe again and again for sure! I went through my cupboards and added coconut and craisins. I garnished with some grated carrot and it is just a stunning cake! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! LA :-)