Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe came from the package of a powdered sugar bag, never seen one like this...
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- chopped dried apricot
- shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, salt, eggs, cinnamon, oil and carrots.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Blend in flour, baking soda and nuts; mixing well.
- Pour into agreased and floured 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, turn onto rack to cool.
- Orange Icing:
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients; mix well.
- Drizzle with icing, decorate with apricots and coconut if desired.