Recipe by Elana's Pantry
I've been wanting to make gluten free Carrot Cupcakes for a while now. When I think of spring, I think of carrot cake and when I think of picnics and potlucks I think of carrot cake cupcake yumminess. http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake-cupcakes/
Top Review by Tea Jenny
I love these, but I am afraid I did make a wee change to it I only had 1 cup of almond flour so I made it up with flax meal, I also don't use agave so I sub it with a vanilla sugar free syrup, and I only had walnuts but all in all it turned out just fine, and I will make then again. Thank you for posting Made for Honor thy Mother. The diabetic forum May 2011.
- 1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil and agave.
- Stir carrots and pecans into wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry.
- Scoop a heaping ¼ cup batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 325° for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and spread with creamy cream cheese frosting.